Eco Garden Future Sustainability Scholarship
Eco garden is proud to offer a scholarship for university and college students interested in the field of sustainability with an emphasis in horticulture, agriculture, engineering, or landscape design and maintenance.
As North America’s leading manufacturer of organic lawn and garden products, we understand the importance of investing in our future, and supporting the training and education of our future sustainability leaders.
Scholarship will be awarded to a Citizen or a Permanent Resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) or United States, who is enrolled and currently taking classes at an accredited college or university in Canada (excluding Quebec) and United States, and will grant selected applicants a $1,000 (USD) financial donation for their compelling submission on the importance of sustainable living.
All funds and all awards will be distributed directly to the College/University that the recipient is currently attending at the time of the application.
APPLICATION PERIODS AND RECIPIENT SELECTION DATES
We accept submissions year round. In order to be eligible for the next award, submissions need to reach Eco Garden by October 31st, 2020. The winners will be announced by November 15th, 2020. Submissions received after October 31st will automatically be considered for future awards.
Students may choose to submit either an essay or a video submission. Follow the instructions below to complete the application.
- Write a post of 500+ words on the topic of “How Covid-19 Has Encouraged People to Live a More Sustainable Lifestyle in 2020.” Our annual scholarship rewards originality and imagination—so think outside of the box try to entertain us!
- You must publish the article online for public consumption. Students may publish their material on a student blog on their university/college website, their own site, or a blog platform; for example, medium.com, blogger.com, wordpress.com, etc.
- Include a minimum of three (3) links citing authoritative sources on the topic of sustainability, including one (1) link to ecogardensolution.com (this will help us to grow visibility and awareness of the scholarship and, hopefully, help to expand the program in subsequent years).
- Fill out the form below to complete your application.
- The Video must consist of the Applicant’s discussion on the topic of “How Covid-19 Has Encouraged People to Live a More Sustainable Lifestyle in 2020.”
- The video must be at least two minutes, but no more than three minutes.
- The Video should have good production quality (images, sound, etc.); the Video doesn’t have to be polished, but needs to be well put together.
- The Video may include other people, but the Applicant must have permission from all individuals who appear in or are mentioned in the Video to use their name, voice and/or image. If they are not willing, please do not use them in the Video. If requested, Applicants must be able to provide Eco Garden with such permission on a form acceptable to Eco Garden.
- The Video may not:
- Contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- Feature brand names or trademarks.
- Contain artwork not created by the Applicant.
- Contain copyrighted music without permission or licensing for use in this Application.
- Video files should be uploaded to Vimeo or YouTube and include a minimum of three (3) links citing authoritative sources on the topic of sustainability, including one (1) link to ecogardensolution.com (this will help us to grow visibility and awareness of the scholarship and, hopefully, help to expand the program in subsequent years). Place links directly in the video description.
All applications should submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org to be eligible for the scholarship evaluation:
- Name, school and program.
- Link(s) to essay and / or video.
- Signed and dated version of this agreement (click to download).
Can I apply if I’m an international student at a Canadian university or college?
Yes. Our application is open to all Canadian (excluding Quebec) and United States students, whether they are or not citizens or permanent residents of Canada or the United States.
Can I apply if I’m in an MBA or other related graduate studies program?
Yes. All graduate-level degrees are acceptable.